Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Controlling Moisture Damage and other Waterproofing topics.
Sheeting membranes have been designed to cover completely any imperfections in the substrate or background. There are quite a few, but the most common include:
• Metal sheets in the form of lead, copper or stainless steel flashing or trays.
• Multilayer bituminous paper system with gravel topping for protection.
• Butyl rubber sheeting
• Semi-rigid asbestos asphalt sheeting
• Bitumen/polyethylene sheets
• E.P.D.M. Ethylene propylene Diene Monomer
• Chlorosulphanated rubber (Hypalon)
• PVC Polyvinylchloride
• Neoprene rubber
• Torch-on sheeting consist of layers of polypropylene bitumen modified.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|